Brian Case (Disappears, Bambi Kino Duo?) is releasing his debut solo album, Tense Nature, which sees him focus his work on space, minimalism and repetition.
The songs are all built around the idea of tape loops or lock grooves, working with snippets and phrases of sound. Brian sampled guitar or small drum loops before cutting them randomly. The sequences and their imperfect nature were then reworked into a sort of momentum, built using Case?s own perception of the new fragments. The result of his experiment is 12 primarily electronic, abstract, visceral, ambient tracks. They depict a dark environment, an uncanny landscape with its own contained world.
In order to promote his debut LP, Brian Case made up this beautiful mixtape for our podcast series. Enjoy!
- Robert Wyatt - The Age Of Self
- Shuggie Otis - XL - 30
- Social Climbers - Palm Springs
- Nite Jewel - Bottom Rung
- The Stranglers - All Roads Lead to Rome
- Eurythmics - Take Me To Your Heart
- Tom Tom Club - Lorelei
- Pylon - Yo-Yo (Male Version)
- New War - Ghostwalking
- HTRK - Disco
- Siouxsie & The Banshees - Tenant
- Asmus Tietchens - Fast Food