Micleusanu M. is a multidisciplinary artist: writer, musician, illustrator and visual artist. He published short stories (Organismemecanice), novels (Tuba Mirum, Kasa Poporului), graphic novels (Amokalipsis) and developed leftfield musical projects such as Planeta Moldova, Antishow, Farmacie & Pompe Funebre, Zelda, Febre39, Pneumaton (idm noir, experimental).
Micleusanu was born in Bakhchysarai (Crimea), lived and studied arts in Chisinau (Moldova) and Cluj-Napoca (Romania). He is a multidisciplinary artist, being involved in a wide range of artistic projects, from experimental music to poetry, photography and visual arts. His past contributions to The Attic include a mixtape focused on Japanese music and a extended essay on the concepts of failure and fatality. You can follow Mitos on bandcamp and his blog.
Micleusanu will play a special live performance within The Attic InContext, a music residency commissioned by the artistic residency program InContext, which will take place between June 21-25 in Sl?nic Moldova (Bac?u country). InContext residency programme aims to inspire contemporary artists to develop their practice and create work in non-studio and non-gallery spaces, through engaging with new geographies, audiences and socio-economic contexts. For four days between June 21-24, Western, Indian and Romanian musicians will experience interculturality from a sonic perspective, as well as the metabolic interaction between man and nature. They will explore various approaches of Indian music, classic as well as contemporary, while experimenting with several instruments.
The complete program of the residency, as well as information about transport and accommodation can be found here.
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Jello And Jugernauts
- Ukandanz - Lantchi Biye
- Rabbota Ho - (Les) Wood
- Albert Marcoeur - L'Environnementeuse
- Anne Cessna & Essendon Airport - Lost In Madagascar
- Charley Runs Amok - We Insist!
- Ariel Pink - Another Weekend
- Julia Holter - Horns Surrounding Me
- Takako Minekawa - Maxi On
- Etron Fou Leloublan - Christine
- The Chap - Carlos Walter Wendy Stanley
- Rainbow Arabia - Harlem Sunrise
- Liesa Van der Aa - On Names I
- Soap & Skin - Me And The Devil
- Mothercoat - Nipple Cider
- 48 Chairs - Relentless
- Veronique Vincent & Aksak Maboul - Je pleure tout le temps
- Yakushimaru Etsuko - Jenny Wa Gokigen Naname